Friday, July 01, 2005

so long, and thanks for all the fish!

h2g2 a.k.a. the hitchiker's guide to the galaxy is a funny and entertaining movie :D joined my buddies last night for the movie at the newly opened gsc one utama. my...the cinema has been open for barely one week and it was packed! guess the huge crowd was partly due to the opening night for war of the worlds.

marvin the robot is just so cute! a depressing and sometimes sarcastic robot, he has some of the funniest lines in the movie. alan rickman does a great job providing the deadpan and gloomy voice for marvin. check out these memorable lines!

Scenario #1
Trillian: Marvin... you saved us!
Marvin: I know. Wretched, isn't it?

Scenario #2
(Marvin, Trillian, Ford, Arthur and Zaphod are being fired upon by Vogons - the others flee as Marvin only very slowly walks away)
Marvin: I don't know what you're all worried about. Vogons are the worst marksmen in the galaxy.
(He is shot in the back of the head)
Marvin: Now I've got a headache.

Scenario #3
Marvin: Here I am with a brain the size of a planet and they ask me to pick up a piece of paper. Call that job satisfaction? I don't.

Scenario #4
Marvin: Freeze? I'm a robot. I'm not a refrigerator.

Scenario #5
Marvin: I've calculated your chance of survival, but I don't think you'll like it.

and many more...

the whole cinema was laughing most of the time and some of the cinematography is pretty cool - check out the magrathea planet-making factory scene. ooh...and keep an eye for the wool version of the arthur, ford, zaphod, trillian & marvin in the spaceship when the improbability drive is activated. so cute! aaaaa...marvin was especially adorable and huggable. hehe. wonder if there's a wool version of him in real life :p

this has got to be the funniest opening scene for a movie too:
Dolphins: (singing)
So long, and thanks for all the fish / So sad that it should come to this / We tried to warn you all, but, oh, dear / You may not share out intellect / Which might explain your disrespect / For all the natural wonders that grow around you / So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
The world's about to be destroyed / There's no point getting all annoyed / Lie back and let the planet dissolve around you / Despite those nets of tuna fleets / We thought that most of you were sweet / Especially tiny tots and your pregnant women / So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish! If I had just one last wish / I would like a tasty fish!
If we could just change one thing / We would all have learnt to sing!
Come one and all / Man and mammal / Side by side / In life's great gene pool!
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long / So long, so long, so long, so long / So long, so long and thanks for all the fish!

see what i mean by funny? go watch this movie now! :D:D:D

2 Comments:

At Friday, July 01, 2005 5:30:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

adoi...u make it (layan-ing ur family & darling) sound like such a chore! :))

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2005 3:18:00 pm, Blogger evilea said...

haihhhhh..... i pull my mobile lover along to go and watch ler. nyehehehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home